Sunday, August 20
12 pm to 4 pm
A free street festival that encourages active transportation and engages the community to create spaces where people want to walk, bike and play
Imagine our city streets as active community spaces in a fun, car-free environment.
placemaking & fun
People make our neighborhood spaces vibrant and alive! Our vision is to include everyone in developing the best elements of our transportation culture by giving them an active role in creating safe streets where people want to bike, walk and play.
Neighbors, organizations and businesses are invited to host an activity on the mile-long route. Chalk out a foursquare court, set up a ping-pong table, create a shady oasis - the possibilities are endless! (Sign up below.)
bike, walk, roll & stroll
- Improve the health and wellness of Corvallis residents.
- Encourage walking, biking and other forms of active transportation.
- Increase awareness of sustainable transportation options.
- Increase neighborhood livability and placemaking.
- Foster new, creative partnerships that put money back into the local economy.
neighborhood Greenways & Green streets
Neighborhood greenways, or green streets, are residential streets with low volumes of auto traffic and low speeds where bicycles and pedestrians are given priority. Traffic calming techniques, such as speed humps and traffic diverters, are commonly used to keep people from using green streets as automobile cut-through routes,